Not logged in.
Login Register Emblem CTGP-Nitro
How to fix your Global Maps without ASM
Most likely, you've replaced either Figure Eight Circuit, Yoshi Falls, Moo Moo Farm, or Mushroom Bridge in your ROM. You tried to make a global map, but it looks like your icons' positions are not right.
If this happened to you, listen up, because I have a solution that doesn't require ASM.
1. Export your course's collision with Mario Kart Toolbox.
2. Open the exported collision model in Blender. This tutorial will be using version 2.79. Delete the default cube, lamp, and camera in your scene. Don't go into edit mode.
3. Select your course model, and press S, X, then Enter/Return in the same order I told you to. If you have to (most likely you do), go into edit mode and flip your normals. Once you're done, exit Edit mode.
4. If you haven't already, press T to open the left side panel.
5. Where it says "Vector" in the left side panel, set X to "-1".
6. With your course model still selected, press R, Z, then Enter/Return in the same order I told you to.
7. Where it says "Angle" in the left side panel, set the number under it to "90".
8. Export you new collision as "x.obj". MAKE SURE YOU DON'T REPLACE YOUR ORIGINAL COLLISION. "x" can be whatever you want.
9. Import your new collision with Mario Kart Toolbox, making sure you gave every material its proper collision type. I recommend just giving collision to the main roads, because your new collision is only for your global map.
10. Move your KTPS to where your new collision's starting line is. It's very important that you do this, so that your global map doesn't look like this.
~For accurate coordinates:
~Write down your KTPS's X and Z coordinates.
~Give your existing X coordinate your written down Z coordinate.
~Give your existing Z coordinate your written down X coordinate.
~Your new KTPS's Y rotation is your old KTPS's Y rotation plus 90.
11. In the course settings, navigate to the "Global map" tab, and click "Generate from KCL". You can now delete your new collision from your files.
12. Import your original collision with Mario Kart Toolbox, making sure you gave every material its proper collision type. DO NOT GENERATE A GLOBAL MAP WITH YOUR ORIGINAL COLLISION.
13. Move your KTPS to its original position and Y rotation.
14. Save. You can now close out of Mario Kart Toolbox.
15. Open your ROM in any emulator, or flashcart.
16. Time Trials, any character/kart, open your track and press the touch screen or the Y button.
17. Race around the course a bit to make sure that the coordinates are up to par. If they are, good job! you fixed the global map. If they aren't, click here to private message me. Please provide screenshots.
Last edit by arsanea on Wed Mar 17 22:29:35 CDT 2021